This is a feature release. Most important updates are related to Shell, Files view and MicroPython support.
- User action logging is now disabled by default. It can be turned on from "Tools => Options => General".
- Plotter is new pane for visualizing series of numbers printed to the shell.
- Shell now supports colored output by interpreting ANSI-codes.
- You can rewrite last printed line with
- It's possible to display images in the Shell by constructing and printing corresponding data-URL-s.
- It is possible to "Focus into" a directory in files view by double-clicking on a directory in the tree. This makes displayed tree smaller and clearly brings out current working directory (focusing into a directory makes this directory the current working directory of the backend process). Click on the path segments in the upper part of the view to focus into higher directories.
- With MicroPython back-ends Files view displays separate tree for the files and directories on the device.
- Check out all file and directory related commands by right clicking an item or by clicking small button in the upper-right corner of the view.
- Thonny now allows editing scripts on a MicroPython/CircuitPython board directly without copying them to local machine first. You can open a file on the board either with "Files => Open" or by double clicking it in the Files view.
- Former plug-ins
thonny-microbitare now included in the main package. You may uninstall these plug-ins in Thonny 3.2.
- "Device" menu is now deprecated and its commands have been relocated. Click on the menu to learn more.
- It is now possible to translate the UI and help pages to other languages beside English. Initial translations for several languages are already included. Language can be selected in "Tools => Options => General".
- Raspberry Pi theme is now included in the main package. At first run user can select whether to start Thonny with regular settings or with default settings used at Raspberry Pi.
- Beside regular Python+Thonny bundles, we now also publish "Thonny XXL", which includes a bunch of popular Python packages (eg. Pygame Zero, Matplotlib, Flask, ...).
- Thonny now allows easy running and debugging of Flask programs.
- All changes and updates:
Many thanks to supporters and contributors!
thonny-3.2.0-i686.tar.gz 23 MB
thonny-3.2.0-x86_64.tar.gz 23.6 MB
thonny-3.2.0.bash 539 Bytes
thonny-3.2.0.dmg 25.7 MB
thonny-3.2.0.exe 14 MB
thonny-xxl-3.2.0-i686.tar.gz 86.7 MB
thonny-xxl-3.2.0-x86_64.tar.gz 96.1 MB
thonny-xxl-3.2.0.bash 543 Bytes
thonny-xxl-3.2.0.dmg 102 MB
thonny-xxl-3.2.0.exe 46 MB