by registering them with Administrate in an initializer.
For example, you can create
with the contents:
- [#567] Add a partial for rendering HTML links to stylesheets.
This is useful for plugin developers,
as well as people who want to add custom stylesheets on a page-by-page basis
- [#492] Translate attribute labels on show and index pages.
To customize an attribute label, add translations according to the structure:
en: helpers: label: customer: name: Full Name
[BUGFIX] Protect from CSRF attacks [CVE-2016-3098]
[#422] [FEATURE] Add a Select field for displaying a drop-down menu of options on form pages. Options: ruby Field::Select.with_options(collection: [:foo, :bar])
[#458] [BUGFIX] Update the custom field generator to match the new HTML structure of forms
[#464] Replace the DashboardManifest with explicit Rails routes.
rails generate administrate:routesto generate the default routes.
[#467] Update the internal field path to fit Ruby conventions
# Change any instances of this... require "administrate/fields/base" # ...to this: require "administrate/field/base"
[#339] Change Administrate namespace from a constant to a method
Upgrade by changing all instances of
Administrate::NAMESPACEin your project to
- [#269] Add a generator for copying default layout files
- [#328] Add a generator for copying default sidebar partial
- [#362] Add a generator for only the dashboard manifest.
Customizing this manifest before running the
will change which dashboards get generated.
- [#295] Add dashboard detection for ActiveRecord::Enum fields.
- [#364] Improve dashboard generator by explicitly listing out the
- [#416] Add an accessibility label to the search input
- [#411] Use tabular figures in table cells
- [#409] Use default system fonts
- [#424] Fix a bug where running
rails destroy GENERATOR_NAME
would not work for several of the generators
- [#390] Fix timestamp deprecation warnings
- [#365] Remove dependency on
- #251 Raise a helpful error when an attribute is missing from
- #298 Support ActiveRecord model I18n translations
- #312 Add a
- #231 Fix layout issue on show page where a long label next to an empty value would cause following fields on the page to be mis-aligned.
- #309 Fix layout issue in datetime pickers where months and years would not wrap correctly.
- #306 Wrap long text lines (on word breaks) on show pages
- #214 Improve header layout when there is a long page title
- #198 Improve spacing around bottom link in sidebar
- #206 Left-align checkboxes in boolean form fields
- #315 Remove the
HasManyform field labels
- #259 Make installation generator more robust by ignoring dynamically generated, unnamed models
- #243 Fix up a "Show" button on the edit page that was not using the
- #248 Improve polymorphic relationship's dashboard class detection.
- #247 Populate
belongs_toselect boxes with the current value of the relationship.
- #217 Dutch
- #263 Swedish
- #272 Danish
- #270 Don't apologize about missing relationship support.
- #237 Fix broken paths for several I18n files (de, es, fr, pt-BR, vi).
- #266 Save a few database queries by using cached counts
- [#191] [CHANGE] Improve API for specifying how resources are displayed
across the dashboard.
- Models are now displayed with a sensible default - (e.g. "User #2")
- Users can define
- Users who have generated views for the following field types
may need to update them to take advantage of the new API:
- [#126] [UI] Preserve whitespace when rendering text fields
- [#194] [BUGFIX] Don't clear out datetime values in form fields
- [#193] [BUGFIX] Don't assume that unrecognized db column types are searchable
- [#124] [BUGFIX] Better detection of application models
- [#156] [COMPAT] Include missing
sass-railsdependency in gemspec
- [#174] [COMPAT] Make several missing dependencies explicit.
- [#144] [COMPAT] Update repository structure so Bundler can pull the gem from github.
gem "administrate", github: "thoughtbot/administrate")
- [#166] [COMPAT] Use ANSI SQL standards for case-insensitive search
- [#223] [I18n] Vietnamese
- [#161] [I18n] Mandarin Chinese
- [#196] [I18n] Taiwanese Mandarin
- [#142] [I18n] Brazilian Portuguese
- [#171] [I18n] Polish
- [#153] [I18n] Russian
- [#148] [I18n] French
- [#147] [I18n] German
- [#154] [I18n] Spanish
- [#120] [DOC] Add Rubygems version badge to README
- [#165] [DOC] Add CircleCI badge to README
- [#119] [DOC] Add CodeClimate badge to README
- [CHANGE] Render views using local variables, not instance variables.
- [CHANGE] Rename
collectionthroughout the engine.
- API for dashboard classes now relies on
- Generated views now use the
_collectionpartial instead of
- API for dashboard classes now relies on
- [FEATURE] Add a generator for copying field views to host application
- [FEATURE] Generated dashboards are more explicit,
and more clearly define the API.
- [FEATURE] Add a generator for creating custom field types
- [FEATURE] Add generators for copying view templates into host application
- [FEATURE] Add sensible dynamic titles to the dashboard pages.
- [FEATURE] Add text field type.
- [UI] Give form and show pages more consistent label styles
- [UI] Fix checkbox styling and label alignment.
- [UI] Fix scrollbar issues on list pages.
- [BUGFIX] Fix missing
- [BUGFIX] Fix asset precompilation issue for
- [BUGFIX] Remove erroneous "Showing 5 of 1" messages
from has_many relationships on the
- [COMPAT] Use optimistic versioning for all dependencies.
- [DOC] Update README with a better description of the repo.
- [DOC] Move changelog to root of repository, improve labels, add key.
- [DOC] Add comments to all template files
describing what variables will be available