New for 0.5.7:
- Feature: Allow collection of both STDOUT and STDERR.
- Improvement: Convert arguments to strings when possible
New for 0.5.6:
- Bug Fix: Java does not need to run commands with
- Bug Fix: Found out we were rescuing the wrong error
New for 0.5.5:
- Bug Fix: Posix- and ProcessRunner respect paths and are thread safe!
- Bug Fix:
exitstatusshould always be set, even if command doesn't run.
- Test Fix: Do not try to test Runners if they don't run on this system.
- Improvement: Pass the Errno::ENOENT message through to the exception.
- Improvement: Improve documentation
New for 0.5.4:
- Bug Fix: PosixRunner and ProcessRunner respect supplemental paths now.
New for 0.5.3:
- SECURITY: Fix exploitable bug that could allow arbitrary command execution. See CVE-2013-4457 for more details. Thanks to Holger Just for report and fix!
- Bug fix: Sub-word interpolations can be confused for the longer version
New for 0.5.2:
- Improvement: Close all the IO objects!
- Feature: Add an Runner that uses IO.popen, so JRuby can play
- Improvement: Officially drop Ruby 1.8 support, add Ruby 2.0 support
- Bug fix: Prevent a crash if no command was actually run
- Improvement: Add security cautions to the README
New for 0.5.1:
- Fixed a bug preventing running on 1.8.7 for no good reason.
New for 0.5.0:
- Updated the copyrights to 2013
- Added UTF encoding markers on code files to ensure they're interpreted as UTF-8 instead of ASCII.
- Swapped the ordering of the PATH and supplemental path. A binary in the supplemental path will take precedence, now.
- Errors contain the output of the erroring command, for inspection.
- Use climate_control instead for environment management.
New for 0.4.2:
- Loggers that don't understand
ActiveSupport::BufferedLoggerwill still work.
New for 0.4.1:
- Introduce FakeRunner for testing, so you don't really run commands.
- Fix logging: output the actual command, not the un-interpolated pattern.
- Prevent color codes from being output if log destination isn't a TTY.
New for 0.4.0:
- Moved interpolation to the
runmethod, instead of interpolating on
- Remove official support for REE.
New for 0.3.2:
- Fix a hang when processes wait for IO.
New for 0.3.1:
- Made the
Runnermanually swappable, in case
ProcessRunnerdoesn't work for some reason.
- Fixed copyright years.
New for 0.3.0:
- Support blank arguments.
- Automatically use
CommandLine#environmentas a hash of extra
CommandLine#runnerwhich produces an object that responds to
- Fix a race condition but only on Ruby 1.9.