Guides for getting things done, programming well, and programming in style.
High level guidelines:
- Be consistent.
- Don't rewrite existing code to follow this guide.
Don't violate the conventions without a good reason.
- Code Review
- Best Practices
A note on the language:
- "Avoid" means don't do it unless you have good reason.
- "Don't" means there's never a good reason.
- "Prefer" indicates a better option and its alternative to watch out for.
- "Use" is a positive instruction.
Thank you, contributors!
Guides is maintained by thoughtbot, inc.
Guides is © 2012 thoughtbot, inc. It is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.