Make sure you have Middleman installed:
gem install middleman
middleman init PROJECT_NAME --template=thoughtbot/middleman-template
This will create a new Middleman app in a
Move into the project directory, then start the Middleman server:
bundle exec middleman server
You should now be able to view the app at http://localhost:4567.
At this point, you have a fresh Middleman app on your local machine with an empty Git repository initialized. Your next steps might be:
README.mdwith your project specifics
- Create a GitHub repository and add it as a remote
- Create an initial Git commit and push it to GitHub
- Setup CircleCI
- Setup Hound
- Setup deployment with Netlify
This template comes with the following features and tools:
- middleman-aria_current: An extension for indicating a current (active) link
- middleman-autoprefixer: Automatically vendor-prefix stylesheets.
- middleman-inline_svg: An extension for inlining SVGs in your views.
- middleman-livereload: Automatically refresh the browser as soon as you save a file.
- middleman-minify-html: Minifies whitespace around HTML when the site is built.
- Sass: CSS pre-processor.
- Bourbon: Sass tool set.
- Neat: Sass grid.
- Bitters: Scaffold styles, variables and structure.
- normalize.css: Modern CSS "reset"
- Redcarpet: Markdown processing.
- CircleCI: Continuous integration.
- Hound: Comments on style violations in GitHub pull requests.
- Segment: Analytics API.
Copyright © 2018 Tyson Gach and thoughtbot, inc. This is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.
This project is maintained and funded by thoughtbot, inc. The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.