- Add default
- Default S3 protocol to empty string (#2038)
- Don't write original file if it wasn't reprocessed (#1993)
- Disallow trailing newlines in regular expressions (#2266)
- Support for readbyte in Paperclip attachments (#2034)
- (port from 4.3) Uri io adapter uses the content-disposition filename (#2250)
- General refactors and documentation improvements
- Bugfix: Now it's possible to save images from URLs with special characters [#1932]
- Bugfix: Return false when file to copy is not present in cloud storage [#2173]
- Automatically close file while checking mime type [#2016]
- Fix a nil error in content type validation matcher [#1910]
- Documentation improvements
- Drop support to end-of-life'd ruby 2.0.
- Drop support for end-of-life'd Rails 3.2 and 4.1
- Drop support for AWS v1
- Remove tests for JRuby and Rubinius from Travis CI (they were failing)
- Improvement: Add
fog_optionsconfiguration to send options to fog when storing files.
- Extracted repository for locales only: https://github.com/thoughtbot/paperclip-i18n
- Bugfix: Original file could be unlinked during
post_process_style, producing failures
- Bugfix for image magick scaling images up
- Memory consumption improvements
urlon a unpersisted record returns
Improvement: aws-sdk v2 support
If your Gemfile contains aws-sdk (>= 2.0.0) and aws-sdk-v1, paperclip will use
aws-sdk v2. With aws-sdk v2, S3 storage requires you to set the s3_region.
s3_region may be nested in s3_credentials, and (if not nested in
s3_credentials) it may be a Proc.