thoughtbot Middleman Starter
Note: This project is no longer being actively maintained. Check out our Middleman Template, instead.
This starter kit for Middleman follows the thoughtbot styleguide and includes our favorite front end tools.
Middleman is a static site generator built in Ruby. This makes it a great fit for projects that may end up as a Ruby on Rails app. Its minimalistic structure makes it very easy to work with, and includes support for deploying to Github Pages.
- HAML: Simple template markup
- Sass (LibSass): CSS with superpowers
- Bourbon: Sass mixin library
- Neat: Semantic grid for Sass and Bourbon
- Bitters: Scaffold styles, variables and structure for Bourbon projects.
- Middleman Live Reload: Reloads the page when files change
- Middleman Deploy: Deploy your Middleman build via rsync, ftp, sftp, or git (deploys to Github Pages by default)
Set up your project in your code directory
git clone https://github.com/thoughtbot/proteus-middleman.git your-project-folder cd your-project-folder git remote rm origin git remote add origin your-git-url
Run the server
bundle exec middleman
Deploy to Github Pages
bundle exec middleman deploy
Or install the Proteus gem and enjoy some shortcuts.
If you have problems, please create a GitHub Issue.
Have a fix or want to add a feature? Pull Requests are welcome!