- Upgrade: Update to Ruby 2.5.1
- Upgrade: Update to Rails 5.1.6
1.46.0 (January 26, 2018)
- Bug fix: Fix for action mailer asset_host
- Bug fix: Lock pg to ~> 0.18
- Breaking: Remove Database Cleaner
- Upgrade: Update to Rails 5.1.4
- Upgrade: Update to Ruby 2.5.0
- Upgrade: Update bourbon from 5.0.0.beta.8 to 5.0.0
- Upgrade: Update FactoryGirl to FactoryBot
- Generators: Analytics generator
- Generators: CI generator
- Generators: DB optimization generator
- Generators: Factories generator
- Generators: Forms generator
- Generators: Jobs generator
- Generators: Lint generator
- Generators: Testing driver generator
- Generators: Views generator
1.45.0 (September 8, 2017)
- Bump Rails to 5.1.3 (#857)
- Configure HONEYBADGER_ENV for staging, production (#861)
- Remove vestigial
- Prevent memory bloat in ActiveJob children (#856)
- .git/safe is opt-in (#837)
- Enforce SSL in production environment (#855)
- Configures action mailer asset host (#853)
- Install normalize.css via yarn (#851)
- Update Rails to 5.1 (#847)
- Update bourbon from 5.0.0.beta.7 to 5.0.0.beta.8 (#848)
- Update Neat to 2.1 (#849)
- Update Bitters to 1.7 (#850)
- Fix incorrect Timecop link (#845)
- Update Ruby to 2.4.1 (#841)
- Update rspec-rails to 3.6 (#842)
- Configure TimeCop safe mode (#840)
- Pull normalize.css through Rails Assets (#839)
- Fix fatal git failures in tests (#832)
- Schedule Heroku Backups and Capture backup of existing staging database for Review Apps (#826)
- Use bundle-audit rake task from the gem (#831)
- Update thoughtbot logo (#829)
- Change terminal symbol in README's deploying section (#828)
- Update Segment snippet to 4.0.0 (#822)
1.44.0 (January 25, 2017)
- Improve readability of
- Update scripts to be
- Update Ruby to 2.4.0 (#814)
1.43.0 (November 8, 2016)
- Update Bourbon to 5.0.0.beta.7
- Update Neat to 2.0.0.beta.1
- Update Bitters to 1.5.0
- Drop sprockets-es6
- Bugfix: doesn’t generate unused
1.42.0 (July 23, 2016)
- [#784] Require refills once
- [#790] Ensure stylesheet_base generator runs with a clean bundle
- [#791] Use Rails' 5 syntax for
- [#792] Remove turbolinks from application.js file
1.41.0 (July 1, 2016)
- Update to Rails 5
- Drop quiet_assets
- Drop unneeded
-Gthat clashes with Rails’
1.40.0 (June 25, 2016)
- Upgrade bourbon to 5.0.0.beta.6
- Update Neat to 1.8.0
APPLICATION_HOSTbug fix in production environment (was used before it was defined)
- Update comment around Pipelines: it is now a Heroku core plugin
- Drop unneeded
- Introduce a
application.scssmust list the imports in a specific order. This removes the
1.39.0 (May 25, 2016)
- Update to Ruby 2.3.1
- Make new apps "deployable to Heroku" by default.
- Make the help text returned when running
suspenders -hSuspenders specific
- Bugfix: Configure
static_cache_controlin production environment
- Replace NewRelic with Skylight
- Drop initializer for disabling XML parser
- Start moving suspenders features into different Rails Generators
- Set default
- Update the viewport meta tag
1.38.1 (April 20, 2016)
- Bugfix: add bitters as suspenders’ dependency back.
1.38.0 (April 15, 2016)
- Update bourbon to
- Drops staging environment in favor of configuration through env variables
- Bugfix: failing migrations were not making Heroku deploys fail
1.37.0 (March 13, 2016)
- Set development
:fileso that mails are copied to
./tmp/mails/directory for easy development access.
- Update Bourbon to v5.0.0.beta.3
- Update Bitters to v1.3
- Update Autoprefixer config, drop support for IE 9, IE 10 and iOS 7
- Better db support in linux environments
- Replaces coffeescript with babel
- Update CSS tests to ignore transitions
1.36.0 (February 26, 2016)
- Update Bitters to v1.2
- Remove deprecated
- Switch from Airbrake to Honeybadger
- Generate applications with
rack_mini_profiler(disabled by default, enabled by setting
- Heroku Pipelines bug fixes
1.35.0 (December 30, 2015)
- Introduce Heroku Pipelines support
- Update to Ruby 2.3.0
- Heroku commands run on staging by default
- Git ignore
- Add ability to use byebug navigation commands inside of Pry using the
i18n-tasksfrom generated Gemfile
- Accessibility: Add
htmlelement in layout
1.34.0 (November 15, 2015)
- Inherit staging's
action_mailer_hostconfig from production
- Suspenders command line responds to
- Clean up
email_validatorgem from generated Gemfile
- Fix Circle deploys by removing redundant remote
bulletas development dependency
- Use Heroku Local (Forego) instead of Foreman
- Raise on missing Sprockets assets in test environment
1.33.0 (October 23, 2015)
quiet_assetsas development dependency
- Reduce number of Puma processes and threads to reduce memory usage
- Move non-runtime-dependency i18n-tasks to development and test Gemfile groups
- Move non-runtime-dependency refills to the development Gemfile group
- Generate empty
spec/factories.rbfile in accordance with thoughtbot’s styleguide
- Shoulda Matchers 3.0 configuration
1.32.0 (October 9, 2015)
- Install Foreman automatically during setup script
- Port always defaults to 3000
- Provide shoulda-matchers config
- Set CI auto-deploy for Heroku suspended apps
- Configure capybara-webkit to block unknown URLs
- Add mandatory environment variables to .sample.env
- Other bugfixes
1.31.0 (September 3, 2015)
- Update to Ruby 2.2.3
- Add ctags configuration dotfile
$APPLICATION_HOSTfor zsh compatibility
- Update Bitters to 1.1
- Remove comments and newlines in config files
- Abort tests run if
DATABASE_URLenv variable is set
1.30.0 (July 30, 2015)
- Update to RSpec 3.3
- Replace TravisCI with CircleCI
- Rename development data concept to avoid confusion with db/seeds
- Remove Unicorn in favor of Puma, as recommended by Heroku
1.29.0 (June 16, 2015)
- Generate rake, rails and rspec binstubs with Spring
- Remove Capybara and use RSpec 3.2 for development
- Improves suspenders' test suite speed
1.28.0 (May 9, 2015)
- Require spec/support files in a certain order
- Use rack-canonical-host
- Provide EXECJS_RUNTIME env variable (Node, as in Heroku)
- Removes .css file suffix from application stylesheet
- Add mention of Autoprefixer Rails gem to readme
- Use ruby 2.2.2
- Update gems
1.27.0 (April 10, 2015)
- Add Autoprefixer and browserslist config file
- Only display user-facing flashes
- Add code of conduct to CONTRIBUTING document
- Only use rack-timeout in staging and production
- Add SimpleCov
- Avoid generation of extra _flashes view
- Fix Travis CI install step
- Cache bundle in Travis CI runs
1.26.0 (March 23, 2015)
- Update Rails to 4.2.1
- Update Bitters to 1.0
- Fix .ruby-version (should have been 2.1.1)
- Renames Segment.io to Segment
- Removes New Relic unnecessary configuration setting
1.25.0 (March 7, 2015)
- Configure Active Job queue adapter for test env
- Use Ruby 2.2.1 (bug:
.ruby-versionwasn’t updated in the package)
- Dasherize heroku app names
- Update Bourbon to 4.2.0
- Add ASSET_HOST to sample.env (defaults to HOST)
- Set bin/deploy script as executable
- Set email deliver method to :test for development
- Include missing word in the Flutie description in README.
- Remove unused dev gems: aruba & cucumber
- Use skip_bundle class_option (rather than defining an empty run_bundle method)
1.24.0 (February 3, 2015)
- Remove things in Suspenders that Rails does for us now.
- Document how to use the
- Improve speed of bundling in
- Set ENV variable to make out-of-the-box Heroku static asset experience better.
1.23.0 (January 19, 2015)
- Use Bourbon 4.1.0.
- Use Neat 1.7.0.
- Remove parameter wrapping for every format, including JSON.
- Turn off TravisCI email notifications for Suspended apps.
rake dev:primeon CI in order to test whether
bin/setuphas any regressions.
config.action_mailer.default_url_options's value. It now correctly uses
ENV.fetch("HOST")in staging and production.
1.22.0 (January 11, 2015)
- Allow additional
- Use RSpec 3.1.0.
- Use Travis' new Docker container infrastructure for builds that start sooner and run faster.
- Improve SMTP and ActionMailer default settings.
1.21.0 (January 4, 2015)
- Use Ruby 2.2.0.
- Use Rails 4.2.0.
- Install Refills and Refills' "flashes" component.
1.20.0 (November 25, 2014)
- Use Ruby 2.1.5.
- Use bin/setup from TravisCI to test executable documentation.
- Default JSON time format to use ISO8601 to match Heroku API Design Guide.
- Add Bundler Audit to scan Gemfile for insecure dependencies per CVEs.
1.19.0 (November 23, 2014)
- Use Ruby 2.1.4.
- Use Rails 4.1.8.
- Add Bundler Audit gem for scanning the Gemfile for insecure dependencies based on published CVEs.
- Use Heroku-recommended timeout numbers.
- Improve memory of app on Heroku with New Relic.
- Turn off RSpec verbose mode by default.
1.18.0 (October 23, 2014)
- Use Ruby 2.1.3.
- Move New Relic to all gem groups to more easily debug Rails performance in development.
bin/setupidempotent, failing fast with install messages.
- Fix unevaluated app name in generated
File.exist?to fix Ruby warning.
- Don't include port 6000 as an option for Foreman; Chome considers it unsafe.
- Git ignore the entire /tmp directory.
1.17.0 (September 30, 2014)
- Use Rails 4.1.6.
- Generate a
spec/spec_helper.rbfollowing RSpec 3.x's example, but using our defaults.
- Raise on missing i18n translations in test environment.
- Raise on unpermitted parameters in test environment.
- Provide example for using Title gem for internationalizing page title text.
1.16.0 (August 16, 2014)
- Use the 3.x series of RSpec.
- Use the 0.10.x series of Bitters.
- Improve documentation in generated README for machine setup via
bin/setupand https://github.com/thoughtbot/laptop script.
- Remove Foreman from
- Use i18n-tasks for missing or unused translations.
- Raise on missing translations in development environment. Fail fast!
- Prevent empty div when there are no flashes.
- Pick random port when generating Rails app so multiple apps can be run via Foreman on a development machine at the same time.
normalize-railsgem for resetting browser styles.
1.15.0 (July 9, 2014)
- Use Rails 4.1.4.
- Use latest thoughtbot style guidelines in generated code so that https://houndci.com will approve the initial commit.
- Remove Campfire in favor of Slack.
- Remove Pow in bin/setup.
- Upgrade Capybara Webkit to support Capybara 2.3 API.
- Add byebug.
1.14.0 (June 11, 2014)
- Set up Bitters during Suspenders setup. http://bitters.bourbon.io/
- Remove SimpleCov.
- Force Suspenders to use a particular Rails version (4.1.1).
- Use RSpec 2.x until Travis/Capybara issues resolve.
1.13.0 (May 29, 2014)
before(:suite)in order to avoid paying and estimated extra ~300ms load time on a typical thoughtbot app.
- Automatically join Heroku app in
bin/setupif using Heroku organizations.
1.12.0 (May 26, 2014)
rake dev:primenow that Suspenders-generated apps require some
ENVvariables to be set.
EMAIL_RECIPIENTSis set on staging.
ActionMailerdeliveries before every test.
- Include New Relic configuration file.
- Add Formulaic gem for integration testing HTML forms.
- Set up the Segment.io adapter for analytics and event tracking through services such as Google Analytics and Intercom.
- Prepare staging and production environments to serve static assets through a CDN.
1.11.0 (May 17, 2014)
- Generate a Rails 4.1.1 app and implement fixes for compatibility.
- Escape ERb in secrets.yml
- Maintain ActiveRecord test schema.
- Make Shoulda Matchers work with Spring.
- Unify Ruby version for gem and suspended apps.
- Move SMTP variable settings out of initializer.
- Connect to Postgres on localhost.
- Improve and document TravisCI configuration.
1.10.2 (April 28, 2014)
- Fix bundling Bourbon and Neat.
1.10.1 (April 25, 2014)
- Fix bundling sass-rails.
1.10.0 (April 21, 2014)
- Generate a Rails 4.1 app.
- Generate a working .ruby-version for Ruby >= 2.1.0.
- Update Unicorn template to version now preferred by Heroku.
1.9.3 (April 13, 2014)
- Use FactoryGirl.lint instead of custom-generated factory-testing code.
- Fix Delayed::Job <-> Rails 4.1 dependency conflict.
1.9.2 (April 10, 2014)
- Join Heroku apps in bin/setup.
- Enable SMTP/TLS in SMTP settings.
- Silence an RSpec warning.
1.9.1 (April 7, 2014)
- Fix sass-rails environment NilClass error.
1.9.0 (March 24, 2014)
dev:primetask placeholder for bootstrapping local dev data.
- Add fix for I18n deprecation warning from
- Add generated
better_errorsbecause of issues with Unicorn.
- Remove fast-failing for RSpec; respect user's
- Update New Relic agent.
- Update Rails to 4.0.3.
1.8.1 (February 19, 2014)
- Don't distribute rspec binstub with gem.
1.8.0 (February 18, 2014)
- Make the .git/safe directory in bin/setup.
rails_12factorgem only on Heroku.
- Require mailer config on staging and production.
- Add rspec binstub.
- Fix .ruby-version on Ruby 2.1.0.
- Replace Flutie's
- Don't run factory specs twice.
- Inherit staging config from production.
- Internal: convert tests from Cucumber to RSpec.
- Don't include
- Fix Rack class name - Deflater instead of Timeout.
- Add Pry Rails.
- Add Spring.
- Add Dotenv to development and test environments to load environment variables
- Reduce ActiveRecord connection pool from 5 to 2.
1.7.0 (December 6, 2013)
db/schema.rbunder version control.
- Fast-fail if any part of
- Move secret key out of version control.
.ruby-versionin generated applications.
- Add placeholder modules and directories for feature specs.
- Improve README to include setup instructions.
1.6.0 (November 28, 2013)
- Do not create
.rspecfile as the settings are not project-specific.
- Generate RSpec binstub at
- Fix stylesheet error on 500, 404, and 422 static pages.
- Fix git remote bug.
Rack::Deflaterto compress responses with Gzip.
1.5.1 (September 10, 2013)
- Remove Turbolinks.
- Don't use Bundler's binstubs in
--drbnow that we aren't using Spork.
- Set up DNS via Pow for development.
- Update gem versions.
1.5.0 (August 3, 2013)
- Add Neat.
- Replace Bourne with RSpec Mocks.
- Replace Sham Rack with WebMock.
- Remove dependency on
- Clean up leftover Rails 3 conventions.
1.4.0 (July 21, 2013)
- Support Rails 4.
- Support Ruby 2.
- Remove jQuery UI.
- Factories spec works for non-ActiveRecord objects.
- Use New Relic RPM gem >= 3.5.7 for Heroku request queue accuracy.
- Abort RSpec runs on first failure.
- Replace custom email validator with gem.
1.3.0 (May 13, 2013)
- Switch web server from Thin to Unicorn
- Set up database before setting up RSpec so that the rspec:install task works
- Add Delayed::Job
- Clean up cruft from ActionMailer delivery configuration
- strong_parameters now raises an error in development
- Enforce Ruby 1.9.2+ in the gemspec
1.2.2 (March 14, 2013)
- Fix Syntax error in staging/production environment config files.
- Make Factory Girl available to development environment for generators and
1.2.1 (February 28, 2013)
- Use Ruby 1.9.3 and 2.0
- Update staging and production email delivery
- Remove Spork and Guard
- Add better_errors and binding_of_caller gems
- Fix ActiveRecord attributes' blacklist
- Add Flutie to Gemfile
1.2.0 (February 13, 2013)
- Upgrade Rails from 3.2.8 to 3.2.12 to keep pace with security patches.
- Improve staging environment on Heroku with staging
ENVvariables and overriding the recipient in staging email delivery.
- Remove Flutie, use Bourbon.
- Wrap all HTTP requests in a 5 second timeout.
- Don't use
attr_accessiblewhitelists. Instead, configure Strong Parameters.
- Provide a
- Force RSpec's
- Remove remaining references to Cucumber, complete RSpec + Capybara conversion.
- Improve Foreman/
1.1.5 (October 22, 2012)
- Link to thoughtbot/guides in generated README.
- Remove Cucumber in favor of RSpec + Capybara.
- Deliver emails in staging environment to an overriden email or set of emails.
- Encode database as UTF8.
- Bundle with binstubs using 37signals' directory convention.
- Configure time formats using localization.
- Add Ruby version to Gemfile.
- Add fast-failing spec that tests validity of factories.
- Use SimpleCov for C0 coverage.
- Configure RSpec with
--profileflag to find slow-running specs.
1.1.4 (September 4, 2012)
- Always store UTC in the DB.
- Use Rails 3.2.8.
1.1.3 (August 7, 2012)
- Fix broken Gemfile additions where capybara stole cucumber's
1.1.2 (August 6, 2012)
- Fix broken rake.
- Use Heroku-compliant asset pipeline settings.
1.1.1 (August 3, 2012)
- Fix broken newline interpolation
1.1.0 (August 3, 2012)
- Add --github option.
- Add --webkit option.
- Remove cruft when generating controllers.
- Add Spork and Guard.
1.0.1 (August 2, 2012)
- Fix broken install on Ruby 1.8.
- Remove db/schema.rb from .gitignore.
- Remove Factory Girl step definitions.
1.0.0 (June 29, 2012)
- Create a root route only with
- Do not autocommit after generate.
- Style static error pages.
- Cucumber requires everything under
features/, regardless of pwd.
- Added gems:
- Removed gems: