Suspenders is a base Rails application that you can upgrade.
First install the suspenders gem:
gem install suspenders
suspenders create projectname
This will create a Rails 3.1 app in `projectname'. This script creates a new new git repository. It is not meant to be used against an existing repo.
Suspenders uses Trout to make it easier to maintain a base version of special files (like Gemfile) in Suspenders.
Whenever you want to get the latest and greatest Suspenders' Gemfile, run:
trout update Gemfile
To see the latest and greatest gems, look at Suspenders' template/trout/Gemfile, which will be copied into your projectname/Gemfile.
It includes application gems like:
- Paperclip for file uploads
- Formtastic for better forms
- Hoptoad Notifier for exception notification
- Flutie for default CSS styles
- Bourbon for classy sass mixins
- Clearance for authentication
And testing gems like:
- RSpec for awesome, readable isolation testing
- Factory Girl for easier creation of test data
- Shoulda Matchers for frequently needed Rails and RSpec matchers
- Timecop for dealing with time
- Bourne and Mocha for stubbing and spying
Suspenders also comes with:
- Rails' flashes set up and in application layout.
- A few nice time formats.
See template/files to see what is generated one-time.
If you have problems, please create a Github issue.
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for details.
Suspenders is maintained and funded by thoughtbot, inc
The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.
Suspenders is Copyright © 2008-2011 thoughtbot. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.