Places: Windows Application Launcher
Starting applications or opening folder-/ file links as quickly as possible with a minimum number of user interactions (i.e. mouse clicks, key presses).
Everything stays in its place: icons will always stay in the same position, where you once placed them. No sorting, no re-ordering, no changes if the resolution of the screen changes. Instead, the icons are scaled accordingly to the screen resolution. You will always find your icons at the same position with a quick mouse click. Therefore the name "Places".
Eye-Candy and Smooth
- Animated icons
- Animated smooth scrolling between pages
- Bitmaps for icons can be loaded from external files
- Use shaders, patterns or images as background wallpaper
Intuitive and fast user interface
- Places is moved to the front of the screen and is not hidden by other windows
- Unlimited undo and redo (ctrl + z, ctrl + y)
- Lasso to select and de-select groups of items (alt + left-click to drag lasso, groups of icons can be arranged or moved to other pages)
- Provides a total of 10 pages
- Special windowed mode, also useful to drag apps and folders into "Places"
- Wipe to scroll between pages
- Several activation methods to activate / hide Places (5-button mouse recommended)
- Activation can be suspended, when a full-screen app is running in foreground, e.g. a game
- Windows Vista or higher
- Graphics Card with OpenGL driver (i.e. any modern Graphics Card)
Download the binary installer at www.idealsoftware.com.