Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
I am glad to announce, the electron based standalone app has landed!
Originally it was planned to have both the Thunderbird add-on and the app side by side. And gradually migrate to the app.
But the last Thunderbird updates created a devastating hit on the add-on. Even very basic things are broken. And it will most likely get worse for the future when Thunderbird drops support for classic add-ons. This will be then most likely the end for this add-on.
The app is based on electron and is shipped with his own runtime environment. Which makes it independent from Thunderbird and thus way more robust and stable. The downside is the app is large. But it is definitely better having a large standalone application than an dysfunctional Thunderbird add-on.
A special highlight of the app is the shiny new HTML based responsive UI. So give it a try and let me know what you think.
The app is mature but still a pre-release, so expect some glitches.
There is no installer, just download, unzip and run the sieve executable.
The app does not update automatically to a newer release.
- Adds Thunderbird 66 Compatibility:
- Fixes unloading the addon (#166 and #165)
- Makes parser to handle Identifiers as case sensitive.
- Fixes SHA iterations (#161)
- Activates Hungarian Locale
- Removes Obsolete Files
- Updates Credits and include Contributors.md
- Switch to the new graphical editor and a new parser
- Thunderbird 61+ compatibility
- Remove nsiDOMWindow
- Remove convertFromByteArray
- The GUI editor failed to load some templates in Thunderbird 61+
- Updated translation
- Add host and username to password prompt.
- Sieve UI failed with "TypeError: this.elements[i] is undefined" when parsing String lists.
- Tabs handling within Sieve UI failed.
- Rewrite of the internal settings logic. Expect some glitches and regressions.
- Remove "tls if available" option, as it is considered to be unsafe.
- Simplify authentication mechanism and move it from advanced to security tab
- Better support for themes which use a white textcolor
- Fix broken proxy discovery in Thunderbird 60+.
Make unloading resources lazy
This adds some more time for a clean unload. And avoids the exception upon unload.
Force unload on uninstall.
Upon uninstall the connection is no more closed gracefully.
- Update Localization
- Add Dutch and Chinese locale.
- Fix regression in SASL SCRAM-MD5 Mechanism
- Add SASL SCRAM-SHA-256 Mechanism
BugFix: Undo and redo in editor were broken.
BugFix: Deprecated Iterator usage removed.
BugFix: Idle timeout was not canceled correctly, which caused unnecessary "noop" commands.
BugFix: Opening Error Console from settings failed silently.