A set of scripts that archive content posted to friendfeed feeds. Stores all the content in an sqlite3 database, so everything is self-contained.
Developed and tested on python2.7, should work on python2.6. I believe most of the python modules it requires are standard/come with a default python installation. Also needs the simplejson and sqlite3 python modules.
- download all entries from a feed and related media from the entries
generate some simple statistics from the downloaded data:
Statistics for the band-horse-boat-names feed on friendfeed: total entries 2986 deleted entries 0 oldest entry 2009-07-08T06:27:40Z most recent entry 2011-05-31T22:25:23Z avg posts per day 4.90 avg posts per week 29.27 avg posts per month 129.83 media files 15 media type counts 13 image/jpeg 2 image/png
- download and create directories named
dbsin the same dir you'll run it from
- run it as
friendfeed-archive <feedname>, each feed ends up in its own database file, so if you want to archive a group/room, specifiy the group/room's feedname.
- put it in cron to run every 15 minutes or so (for now, you'll need to make sure the current directory has the
- create the directories, make the --cachedir and --dbdir options work
- write a web front end that displays the database contents
- generation of a web page with all the content, browsable similar to how it is on the friendfeed website
- searchable content
- feed statistics
- also archive your likes and comments