Modular rectangular LED construction kit. Simple pcb frames allow blocks of 8 leds to be easily powered by a 7.4V source such as a 2-cell Lithium polymer battery.
All design files licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License.
Each panel (7 boards) requires 56 LEDs, and 14 resistors.
- LEDs Rectangular, 5 x 2 x 7mm:
- 130Ω 3mm Resistors - Digi-Key S130QCT-ND
- You will need a 7.4V power source, such as a 2-cell lipo battery and a charger.
- Hook up wire. A bundle of short, tinned multicore wires would be ideal such as these, but i made my own. Short jumper wires could work but may be too stiff.
- For assembling the boards together, wire wrap works well, otherwise small zip ties can work. String would probably work well.
Take Note! The boards will get a little bit warm when on. Take this into consideration when arranging the boards so as to avoid putting too much current through a single board.