Flappy Bird game written in Ruby with the awesome ruby2d framework.
Note: the low frame rate here is due to the GIF recording not the game itself.
- Learn more about game physics and collision detection;
- Separate game logic from graphics.
- Improve opening scene;
- Improve game over scene (add medals and best score);
- Improve bird's flight and fall animations.
PRs are welcome :-)
Make sure you have installed:
brew tap simple2d/tap brew install simple2d
gem install ruby2d
Then clone the source code to your local:
git clone https://github.com/tiagopog/flappy_bird.git
Ubuntu / Debian
$ sudo apt install libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev libgles2-mesa-dev $ url='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/simple2d/simple2d/master/bin/simple2d.sh'; which curl > /dev/null && cmd='curl -fsSL' || cmd='wget -qO -'; bash <($cmd $url) install
cd flappy_bird ruby main.rb
- Jump: space bar
- Restart (game over): space bar