Note: EDK has been deprecated. Please refer to EDK II for the latest information. This page is maintained for historical purposes and will be archived in a future site update.
The EDK is the open-source component of the "Framework", Intel's implementation of the EFI Specification, which was developed under the project codenamed "Tiano". The EDK was released under the BSD License. Refer to the EDK section of the EFI and Framework Open Source FAQs for a full explanation of how the EDK relates to the EFI effort.
Working with the EDK
The EDK is essentially a container for the Framework's Foundation code and sample drivers. The EDK is also a development kit for developing, debugging, and testing EFI and Framework drivers, EFI Option ROMs, and EFI Applications for use in the Framework environment. To download snapshots of development or official release of the EDK, click on the link and choose the release to start the download process. Download the EDK Getting Started Guide (pdf) for guidance on building and using the EDK to develop and test drivers. The Framework Specification on the Intel website. To learn more about the EDK codebase see the EDK Module Structure Explained.
- Developer page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/efidevkit/develop
- EDK Files page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/efidevkit/files
This package contains the full set of Green H files intended to be used for the Broadwell Platform and Bay Trail Platform (Intel Corporation Code names). The configuration that will be utilized for platform validation is UEFI 2.3.1 and Framework 0.9x (without Framework HII). This package does not contain the associated build tools required for UEFI 2.3.1 support. At a high level, this update requires a codebase owner to:
- ) Integrate this Green H package
- ) Integrate the latest Broadwell Platform or Bay Trail platform framework reference code packages
- ) Integrate the latest open source tools to support UEFI 2.3.1 HII
- ) Update the SetupBrowser and HII producer and consumer modules and tools to support UEFI 2.3.1
License information: BSD
Project owner(s): ,
- Link to the Intel EFI 1.10 Specification (on Intel's Site)