Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
- Tianocore is applying to be a mentoring organization for the Google Summer of Code 2012
- Here is the official GSoC 2012 timeline
- Look over our Tasks page and find one (or more) projects that sound interesting to you.
- You must submit your project proposal for the tianocore organization on the GSoC2012 (google-melange.com) page before April 6, 2012 at 19:00 UTC.
- There is an application template below
- The application deadline is final, so don't be late!
- You can submit applications for more than one project if you find multiple projects interesting. Although, you can only be able to be assigned to a single project in the end.
- Please join our edk2-devel email list and start asking about the project you are interested in
- Let us know if you need more information!
- Feel free to suggest you own project idea. (It is best to discuss your idea first on edk2-devel.)
- Tianocore GSoC page: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/tianocore
Students, please prepare a project proposal with the following information:
- Contact information (email)
- Personal description, qualifications
- past projects/experiences
- any previous open source contributions
- Explain your interest in UEFI or firmware
- Your plans for the project
- high level plan
- 1st draft timeline
- Will you be able to become a Basic Contributor by agreeing to our Contribution Agreement? (Just answer yes or no. If yes, then we would complete this process separately.)
To submit your application visit the Google Summer of Code site, and submit your application with the tianocore project.
If you are interested in mentoring a project:
- Please contact us on the edk2-devel email list, or contact .
- We would look for mentors with experience with edk2 and/or other open source projects.
- If you have a project idea that you prefer to mentor, let us know about it.
For most questions, please email the edk2-devel email list. If this doesn't work, contact directly.