Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
UDK2010.SR1.UP1 How to Build
Clone this wiki locally
UDK2010.SR1.UP1 and UDK2010.SR1.UP1.P1 How to build instructions
Download the UDK2010.SR1.UP1.P1 Release with expanded workspace directories Download
What is included in the Downloaded zip file
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit*
1. Setup Build Environment
- 1) Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2008* SP1 in the build machine and make sure that AMD64 complier was selected when installing.
- 1) Extract files in [UDK2010.SR1.MyWorkSpace.zip] to the working space directory (e.g C:). Note the Directory "MyWorkSpace" will be created as a result. In this case, it is C:\MyWorkspace.
- 2) There are two BaseTools package one is for Windows system and another is for UNIX-Like system. Please make sure BaseTools(Windows)_UDK2010.SR1.zip is used here. Expand the appropriate BaseTools to C:\MyWorkSpace
- Open file "C:\MyWorkspace\CryptoPkg\Library\OpensslLib\Patch-HOWTO.txt" and follow the instruction to install OpenSSL* for UEFI building.
- 1) Open a command prompt, type command "cd C:\MyWorkspace" to enter the workspace directory, and then type command
to initialize the working environment. See also: Windows_systems_ToolChain_Matrix for how to change the TOOL_CHAIN_TAG for supported compiler combinations.
- 2) Type below commands to build platforms (below assumes Microsoft Visual Studio 2008)
Note: There are two methods to select the tool chain (Use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008* as sample):
- 1. Update TOOL_CHAIN_TAG in file Conf/target.txt: TOOL_CHAIN_TAG = VS2008
- 2. Add -t build option in command line: "build -t VS2008 ... "
- 3. Note Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010 is supported with -t VS2010 or -t VS2010x86
Description: Ubuntu 10*
Release: Ubuntu 10.10*
1. Extract Common Source Code
- 1) Create a working space directory in the build machine, for example, ~/src/
- 2) Extract files in [UDK2010.SR1.MyWorkSpace.zip] the working space directory. In this case, it is ~/src/MyWorkSpace where /MyWorkSpace is created.
- 3) There are two BaseTools packages, one is for Windows system and another is for UNIX-Like system. Please make sure BaseTools(Unix)_UDK2010.SR1.tar is used here.
3. See How to Set up Build environment Using EDK II with Native GCC for newer versions of Linux
- a) Please note that here the root is "~/src/MyWorkSpace" instead of "~/src/edk2"
- b) Make sure BaseTools is built and required software like iASL compiler is installed well.
- c) Some operations need switch to user "root" to execute.
- 1) Open a terminal and type "cd ~/src/MyWorkSpace" to enter the workspace directory.
- 2) Initialize the build environment by typing
- 3) Type below commands to build platforms