_________ __ ______ ____ / ___/ __ \/ / / / __ `/ _ \ / / / /_/ / /_/ / /_/ / __/ /_/ \____/\__,_/\__, /\___/ /____/
Tentatively, "rouge" stands for:
More simply, it is a remote server backup system, using
git for incremental control.
required CPAN modules
YAML::Any(for configuration file)
- rsnapshot: A remote filesystem snapshot utility, based on rsync. Doesn't use Git, but definitely worth a mention.
- gibak: A backup tool based on
git, using Git's hook system to save and restore the information Git doesn't track itself such as permissions, empty directories and optionally extended attributes and mtime fields.
- etckeeper: A collection of tools to let
/etcbe stored in a git, mercurial, darcs, or bzr repository. It hooks into
apt(and other package managers including
pacman-g2) to automatically commit changes made to
/etcduring package upgrades. It tracks file metadata that revison control systems do not normally support, but that is important for
/etc, such as the permissions of
- git-home-history: A tool based on Git that simplifies keeping track of changes you make in your home directory and provides an easy way to go back to earlier versions and see changes you made. Also includes a GTK+ interface.
- bup: Highly efficient file backup system based on the
gitpackfile format. Capable of doing incremental backups of virtual machine images, and backing up to a remote machine.