A kitchen sink of small libraries that are used by all projects by Tidalwave. It mostly contains:
- a few generic stuff such as
FinderAPI for fluent query builders;
- support for the DCI pattern (Data Context and Interaction), with optional Spring integration;
- a tiny but functional local Message Bus, with optional Spring integration;
- a small, experimental Actor library;
- some test utilities.
TheseFoolishThings still supports JDK 7 and has got a small JDK 8 integration module.
Since version 3.0 lots of old stuff have been dropped:
- Support for Swing.
- Support for the NetBeans Platform.
- A very small support library for Vaadin.
In order to build the project, run from the command line:
The project can be opened and built by a recent version of the NetBeans, Eclipse or Idea IDEs.
More information can be found on the homepage of the project.
Where can I get the latest release?
You can download source and binaries from the download page.
Alternatively you can pull it from the central Maven repositories:
<dependency> <groupId>it.tidalwave.thesefoolishthings<groupId> <artifactId>thesefoolishthings</artifactId> <version>-- version --</version> </dependency>
We accept pull requests via Bitbucket or GitHub.
There are some guidelines which will make applying pull requests easier for us:
- No tabs! Please use spaces for indentation.
- Respect the code style.
- Create minimal diffs - disable on save actions like reformat source code or organize imports. If you feel the source ode should be reformatted create a separate PR for this change.
- Provide TestNG tests for your changes and make sure your changes don't break any existing tests by running
mvn clean test.
If you plan to contribute on a regular basis, please consider filing a contributor license agreement. Contact us for more information
Code is released under the Apache Licence v2.