This folder contains the raw data files used within the TidyBlocks data blocks. To import your own csv data, be sure to use the raw github link!
Subset of the US Geological Survey data on Earthquakes in 2016
5 Columns, 798 rows
- Time: time of earthquake occurance
- Latitude: latitude (numeric)
- Longitude: longitude (numeric)
- Depth_Km: depth in kilometers (numeric)
- Magnitude: relative size of the earthquake (numeric)
Ronald Fisher's 1936 iris dataset from The use of multiple measurements in taxonomic problems.
5 Columns, 150 rows
- Sepal_Length: in centemeters (numeric)
- Sepal_Width: in centemeters (numeric)
- Petal_Length: in centemeters (numeric)
- Petal_Width: in centemeters (numeric)
- Species: Iris species names (character)
Fisher, R. A. (1936) The use of multiple measurements in taxonomic problems. Annals of Eugenics, 7, Part II, 179–188. The data were collected by Anderson, Edgar (1935). The irises of the Gaspe Peninsula, Bulletin of the American Iris Society, 59, 2–5.
Becker, R. A., Chambers, J. M. and Wilks, A. R. (1988) The New S Language. Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole.
Tooth Growth Dataset
The response is the length of odontoblasts (cells responsible for tooth growth) in 60 guinea pigs. Each animal received one of three dose levels of vitamin C (0.5, 1, and 2 mg/day) by one of two delivery methods, orange juice or ascorbic acid (a form of vitamin C and coded as VC).
3 Columns, 60 rows
- len: tooth length (numeric)
- supp: factor supplement type (VC or OJ)
- dose: numeric dose (mg/day)
C. I. Bliss (1952). The Statistics of Bioassay. Academic Press.
McNeil, D. R. (1977). Interactive Data Analysis. New York: Wiley. Crampton, E. W. (1947). The growth of the odontoblast of the incisor teeth as a criterion of vitamin C intake of the guinea pig. The Journal of Nutrition, 33(5), 491–504. doi: 10.1093/jn/33.5.491.
MT Cars Dataset
The data was extracted from the 1974 Motor Trend US magazine, and comprises fuel consumption and 10 aspects of automobile design and performance for 32 automobiles (1973–74 models).
12 Columns, 32 rows
- make: unique row names (character)
- mpg: miles/(US) gallon (numeric)
- cyl: number of cylinders (numeric)
- disp: displacement (cu.in.) (numeric)
- hp: gross horsepower (numeric)
- drat: rear axle ratio (numeric)
- wt: weight (numeric)
- qsec: 1/4 mile time (numeric)
- vs: engine (0 = V-shaped, 1 = straight) (categorical)
- am: transmission (0 = automatic, 1 = manual) (categorical)
- gear: number of forward gears (numeric)
- carb: number of carburetors (numeric)
Henderson and Velleman (1981), Building multiple regression models interactively. Biometrics, 37, 391–411.
Estimating the customers in line per second data within the first question of the 2018 AP Statistics exam
2 columns, 11 rows
- Customers_In_Line: Number of customers ahead of selected customer (numeric)
- Time_Seconds: Time until customer finished checkout
Summary statistics on ACL surgery
- Surgery Type (categorical)
- Sample Size (numeric)
- Mean Recovery Time (days, numeric)
- SD Recovery Time standard deviation recovery time (days, numeric)
4 columns, 2 rows
Rough estimation of the histogram data summarizing the teaching year for the teachers at two high schools
- Teaching_Year (numeric) First year teachers are recorded as 1, second year as two, and so on
- High_School (categorical)
2 columns, 1388 rows
Simulated wolf weight and length data to create the scatterplot for question 1. rows 11, columns 2
- weight weights of grey wolves in kg
- length length of grey wolves in meters
rows 80: columns 2
- customers the customer id
- drink whether the customer got water or a fountain soda at the drink station
rows 207: columns 2
- age_group ordinal age groupings for patients being treated for schizophrenia
- gender sex of patient