Creates an iTune Store Podcast from a YouTube channel.
Fruitcaster analyses the videos in a given YouTube-Channel using the YouTube API. It then creates metadata-files for all videos. Then, it uses youtube-dl to download those videos.
The PHP side of Fruitcaster takes those metadata files and creates an iTunes-compatible RSS-Feed, which can then be registered in iTunes.
Warning: This script will need a ton of diskspace, since it will download ALL videos in the given YouTube channel. Please be aware of that.
- Download the script.
- Get a YouTube API key, and put it in a copy of config.yaml.example, with the name config.yaml.
- Check the feed for any configuration settings we forgot to put in config.yaml
- Run channel.py, and make it a cron job.
- Put the htdocs-folder on the web, e.g. by setting it as a DocumentRoot in Apache
- Submit your feed to iTunes.