A simple commandline tool to cluster handbrake file processing.
[UPDATE] We have a new site, Hosted by Codeplex at http://handbrakecluster.codeplex.com/
If you are using the RabbitMQ Branch, ignore the MSMQ requirement, and instead install RabbitMQ on your head node. Each client should have the required DLLs in the project.
How to Use (work in prgress)
- on your master node, create an private MSMQ named HandbrakeCluster. this should be marked as transactional.
- copy handbrakecluster to each of your nodes
change the config of the adder program to point at the correct MSMQ. for example:
- FormatName:Direct=TCP:192.168.0.101\Private$\HandbrakeCluster change the IP address to your machine name or IP.
on your head node, run the "adder" program with the following params
- directory of source files (file share)
- type of files to read (eg *.avi, *.mkv)
- where you want the finished files places (file share)
- file extention (.m4v or .mp4 as example)
example: HandBrakeClusterAdder \\NAS\TVShows\CSI\ *.avi \\NAS\iTunesWatchFolder .m4v
If you have spaces in your folder names, you must wrap them with quotes (eg "\\NAS\TV Shows\CSI")
on each node, change config to point to correct path for HandBrake (x64 or x86 supported, point at HandbrakeCLI.exe) and also set the location of your MSMQ queue...
run the program...
you will need MSMQ on each machine, and each machine needs to see the head node...
The GUI tool is a WPF app which takes a few minor paramaters...
- destionation is where you want the files to go (file share)
- drag and drop the files directly into the window and they will be added
- click the add button and they will be written to the queue
I have tested this on Domain Joined machines, so each machine knew each other and could talk without issues. Also, the EXE was run as Admin, but not sure if thats required.
[UPDATED] if using the RabbitMQ branch, domain joined is not a requirement, but firewall rules for the RabbitMQ server need to be allowed.