This repository contains notes and code samples from a Bluetooth LE doc-a-thon held at ITP in June 2014.
Over the course of the last few months, we had all been working with or developing a variety of Bluetooth LE devices and libraries. We found that while there are several good tools out there, they weren't always that well documented. We decided to work together for two days and try to document what we knew of the various tools we'd been using. Our hope is that this repository may provide pointers for others to get started.
The doc-a-thon will take place on June 9 and 10, 2014. Here are some of the goals:
- For a given hardware device, can we:
- describe it and what services/sensors it offers
- set the advertised name
- set the advertising packet data (raw hex is fine)
- set the scan response packet
- There are a variety of Bluetooth LE APIs for these devices, and so far, not a lot of common standards to those APIs. Can we:
- describe the clearest and most understandable APIs
- suggest how they might be implemented for other devices
- come up with a set of "best practices" for Bluetooth LE APIs
Check the Wiki for introductions to the various devices and libraries we've investigated, and the code repo for actual code samples.
The participants (not complete): Tom Igoe, Don Coleman, Alasdair Allan, Sandeep Mistry, Kevin Townsend (remotely), Yihui Xiong (remotely), Shawn Van Every, JB Kim, Guan Yang,