mcrcon is console based Minecraft rcon client for remote administration and server maintenance scripts.
via packet manager:
See https://pkgs.org/download/mcrcon for available packages in various Linux distros (note that available packages might be outdated).
- Gentoo Linux: https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/games-util/mcrcon
- Arch Linux: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mcrcon/
building from sources:
git clone https://github.com/Tiiffi/mcrcon.git cd mcrcon make sudo make install
Check INSTALL.md for more details.
Precompiled binaries (if provided)*: https://github.com/Tiiffi/mcrcon/releases/latest
*At the moment binaries are provided for Linux and Windows.
mcrcon [OPTIONS] [COMMANDS]
Sends rcon commands to Minecraft server.
Option: -H Server address (default: localhost) -P Port (default: 25575) -p Rcon password -t Terminal mode -s Silent mode -c Disable colors -r Output raw packets -w Wait for specified duration (seconds) between each command (1 - 600s) -h Print usage -v Version information
Server address, port and password can be set using following environment variables:
MCRCON_HOST MCRCON_PORT MCRCON_PASS
- mcrcon will start in terminal mode if no commands are given
- Command-line options will override environment variables
- Rcon commands with spaces must be enclosed in quotes
Send three commands ("say", "save-all", "stop") and wait five seconds between the commands.
mcrcon -H my.minecraft.server -p password -w 5 "say Server is restarting!" save-all stop
Enable rcon on server
Remember to enable rcon by adding following lines to
enable-rcon=true rcon.port=25575 rcon.password=your_rcon_pasword
- WWW: https://github.com/Tiiffi/mcrcon/
- MAIL: tiiffi+mcrcon at gmail
- BUG REPORTS: https://github.com/Tiiffi/mcrcon/issues/
This project is licensed under the zlib License - see the LICENSE file for details.