Latest Status - Feb 23, 2019
- TileMill is tested on Linux with Node 8.11.3 LTS, and on MacOS 10.14 with Node 8.15.0 lts/carbon
- TileMill currently only works in server mode, there is no standalone GUI. Your browser is used for the interface.
- There are no native packages provided. Installation requires cloning this repo. See details below under Installation.
- Tilemill should theoretically work on the Windows platform, but it isn't tested.
- Mapnik > v3.6.2 (but may work on earlier versions)
- Node.js: (earlier Node.js versions may work, but are not tested)
- Ubuntu: v8.11.x
- OSX: v8.15.x lts/carbon
- Protobuf: Ubunto: these need to be installed: libprotobuf-lite and protoc
Quick installation instructions for OSX:
git clone https://github.com/tilemill-project/tilemill.git cd tilemill nvm install lts/carbon nvm use v8.15.0 npm install npm start
Build Status, Running Tests, Updating Documentation