This is a wrapper around the original Google's SPDY Framer. It includes a standalone server (spdyd) which can act as a SPDY-HTTP proxy (or use yet another HTTP proxy) as well as a Rack adapter. The server is built around Eventmachine, and should be pretty fast.
- gem build spdy.gemspec
- sudo gem install ./spdy-0.1.gem
- gem install em-http-request -v 0.3.0
- Optional, for daemonization: gem install daemons
- cd ext; ruby extconf.rb; make
Running standalone server:
Running it standalone is as simple as:
bin/spdyd -h for options.
You can also run it as a rack server:
rack -s Spdy examples/local.ru
or for Rails application:
rack -s Spdy config.ru
- Integrate with npn-enabled openssl which can be built using these steps: https://gist.github.com/944386
Copyright 2010 (c) Roman Shterenzon, released under the AGPLv3 license.