Clone this wiki locally
New Npackd GUI/command line release
- Change the version number in wpmcpp\version.txt
- update version number in appveyor.yml
- update version number in wpmcpp\src\wpmcpp.rc
- update translations
- unit tests in npackdcl.exe
- npackdcl\ftests with administrator privileges
- Run Dr. Memory: install and remove AbiWord
Create the following packages from the repository
- hg clone -u NpackdVersion_X.XX.X https://firstname.lastname@example.org/p/windows-package-manager.npackd-cpp/ X.XX.X_32
- hg clone -u NpackdVersion_X.XX.X https://email@example.com/p/windows-package-manager.npackd-cpp/ X.XX.X_64
Execute the following scripts in X.XX.X_32:
- build projects for 32 bit
Execute the following scripts in X.XX.X_64:
- build projects for 64 bit
Create packages on npackd.appspot.com in the libs repository for:
- Npackd dev x86_64 w64
- Npackd dev i686 w64
Tag the version in Git, commit, push.
Upload binaries to Github:
Create packages on npackd.appspot.com in the unstable repository for:
- Npackd 32 bit
- Npackd 64 bit
Mark all issues with Milestone-X.XX as FixedPleaseTest
Create a bit.ly link, e.g. http://bit.ly/npackdcl-1_17_9
Announce the availability of the new alpha version on Twitter and on the Forum.
Update the Wiki
Create/update the "ChangeLog" and "CommandLine" pages in the Wiki. git log --pretty=format:" * %s"|clip
Update the npackd project on Github
Change the Appveyor script to use the newest version of NpackdCL.
If no significant bugs are found during 2 weeks, promote the version to a beta.
If no significant bugs are found during 4 weeks after the beta release, promote the version to a stable and move the packages to the stable repository.
- update the NpackdCL installation command on https://github.com/tim-lebedkov/npackd-cpp
- change the downloads page https://github.com/tim-lebedkov/npackd/wiki/Downloads
- remove the "pre-release" mark at https://github.com/tim-lebedkov/npackd-cpp/releases/edit/version_1.21.6
- update Menu.html and Carousel.html in NpackdWeb
- mark the Npackd 32/64 bit and NpackdCL packages on npackd.appspot.com as "stable"
- close the issues
- post to Twitter and to the forum
- post a "What is new in X.XX" article on dzone.com
- upload a screencast with the overview of new features to YouTube
- replace the screencast on npackd.appspot.com
- post the link on Twitter
- post the link on the forum
- post the link on dzone.com
Update for packages on npackd.appspot.com
- create newest versions for all packages
- transfer the package definitions to https://github.com/tim-lebedkov/npackd
- backup the data from https://ah-builtin-python-bundle-dot-npackd.appspot.com/_ah/datastore_admin?app_id=npackd to the bucket npackd-backup.
- backup the icons from Picasa
- backup the package binaries from http://sf.net/projects/npackd
- backup the package binaries from http://files.npackd.org
- backup the package binaries from https://github.com/tim-lebedkov/packages/releases
- announce the updates in the Npackd user group and on Twitter