Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
Scheduler framework: This release introduces a background job framework and scheduler. Each database running within a PostgreSQL instance has a scheduler that schedules recurring jobs from a new jobs table while maintaining statistics that inform the scheduler's policy. Future releases will leverage this scheduler framework for more automated management of data retention, archiving, analytics, and the like.
Telemetry: Using this new scheduler framework, TimescaleDB databases now send anonymized usage information to a telemetry server via HTTPS, as well as perform version checking to notify users if a newer version is available. For transparency, a new
get_telemetry_reportfunction details the exact JSON that is sent, and users may also opt out of this telemetry and version check.
Continued hardening: This release addresses several issues around more robust backup and recovery, handling large numbers of chunks, and additional test coverage.
- [efab2aa] Fix net lib functionality on Windows and improve error handling
- [71589c4] Fix issues when OpenSSL is not available
- [a43cd04] Call the main telemetry function inside BGW executor
- [faf481b] Add telemetry functionality
- [45a2b76] Add new Connection and HTTP libraries
- [b6fe657] Fix max_background_workers guc, errors on EXEC_BACKEND and formatting
- [5d8c7cc] Add a scheduler for background jobs
- [55a7141] Implement a cluster-wide launcher for background workers
- [5bc705f] Update bootstrap to check for cmake and exit if not found
- [98e56dd] Improve show_indexes test func to be more platform agnostic
- [b928caa] Note how to recreate templated files
- [8571e41] Use AttrNumberGetAttrOffset instead of Anum_name - 1 for array indexing
- [d1710ef] Improve regression test script to cleanup more thoroughly
- [fc3677f] Reduce number of open chunks per insert
- [027b7b2] Hide extension symbols by default on Unix platforms
- [6a3abe5] Fix SubspaceStore to ensure max_open_chunks_per_insert is obeyed
@EvanCarroll for updates to the bootstrap script to check for cmake