Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This is our first release to include Timescale-Licensed features, in addition to new Apache-2 capabilities.
We are excited to be introducing new time-series analytical functions, advanced data lifecycle management capabilities, and improved performance.
- Time-series analytical functions: Users can now use our
time_bucket_gapfillfunction, to write complex gapfilling, last object carried forward, and interpolation queries.
- Advanced data lifecycle management: We are introducing scheduled policies, which use our background worker framework to manage time-series data. In this release, we support scheduled
- Improved performance: We added support for ordered appends, which optimize a large range of queries - particularly those that are ordered by time and contain a LIMIT clause. Please note that ordered appends do not support ordering by
time_bucketat this time.
- Postgres 11 Support: We added beta support for PG11 in 1.1.0. We're happy to announce that our PG11 support is now out of beta, and fully supported.
- Deprecation of adaptive chunking: Our initial implementation of adaptive chunking did not perform to a level we were satisfied with, so this release deprecates the current way of using it.
This release adds code under a new license, LICENSE_TIMESCALE. This code can be found in
- [a531733] switch cis state when we switch chunks
- [5c6b619] Make a copy of the ri_onConflict object in PG11
- [61e524e] Make slot for upserts be update for every chunk switch
- [8a7c127] Fix for ExecSlotDescriptor during upserts
- [fa61613] Change time_bucket_gapfill argument names
- [01be394] Fix bgw_launcher restart when failing during launcher setup
- [7b3929e] Add ordered append optimization
- [a69f84c] Fix signal processing in background workers
- [47b5b7d] Log which chunks are dropped by background workers
- [4e1e15f] Add reorder command
- [2e4bb5d] Recluster and drop chunks scheduling code
- [ef43e52] Add alter_policy_schedule API function
- [5ba740e] Add gapfill query support
- [be7c74c] Add logic for automatic DB maintenance functions
- [4ff6ac7] Initial Timescale-Licensed-Module and License-Key Implementation
- [fc42539] Add new top-level licensing information
- [31e9c5b] Fix time column handling in get_create_command
- [1b8ceca] Avoid loading twice in parallel workers and load only from $libdir
- [76d7875] Don't throw errors when extension is loaded but not installed yet
- [eecd845] Add Timescale License (TSL)
- [4b42b30] Free ChunkInsertStates when the es_per_tuple_exprcontext is freed
- @fordred for reporting our docker-run.sh script was out of date
- @JpWebster for reporting a deadlock between reads an drop_chunks
- @chickenburgers for reporting an issue with our CMake
- Dimtrj and Asbjørn D., on slack, for creating a reproducible testcase for an UPSERT bug
The music for this release was The Who's Tommy.