This release contains major new functionality for continuous aggregates
and adds performance improvements for analytical queries.
In version 1.3.0 we added support for continuous aggregates which
was initially limited to one continuous aggregate per hypertable.
With this release, we remove this restriction and allow multiple
continuous aggregates per hypertable.
This release adds a new custom node ChunkAppend that can perform
execution time constraint exclusion and is also used for ordered
append. Ordered append no longer requires a LIMIT clause and now
supports space partitioning and ordering by time_bucket.
- #1181 Remove LIMIT clause restriction from ordered append
- #1273 Propagate quals to joined hypertables
- #1317 Support time bucket functions in Ordered Append
- #1331 Add warning message for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
- #1332 Add job statistics columns to timescaledb_information.continuous_aggregate_stats view
- #1326 Add architecture and bit size to telemetry
- #1288 Do not remove Result nodes with one-time filter
- #1300 Fix telemetry report return value
- #1339 Fix continuous agg catalog table insert failure
- #1344 Update continuous agg bgw job start time
- @ik9999 for reporting a bug with continuous aggregates and negative refresh lag
The music for this release was Slash's Apocalyptic Love.