Cavern - Spelunk
Spelunk is a testbed client for the Cavern underground social network.
Cavern takes a local-first approach, with your laptop or home server storing your entire journal, and publishing out securely as a Pile O' Files to a quasi-trusted server. Clients use servers for coordination and communication, but the servers don't know anything.
There's not much to run (Spelunk can currently publish, but not read!) but you can read up on Cavern:
- Design philosophy
- Ideas to consider incorporating
- I've blogged about some of these topics and haven't yet collected the relevant bits into this repo, but there's some motivating background there
- This is a proof of concept, not even "alpha" quality yet
- Currently the simplest possible implementation
- I have skipped some error checking in places
- File formats and directory layouts subject to change
- Although I intend to increment the version number for every breaking change, both for local data and published data formats
Building and running
To be determined; likely AGPL.