Public life in the Team City
Piazza is a build monitor plugin for the JetBrains TeamCity continuous integration server. Piazza provides a high-visibility display of the current state of the build to alert the team as soon as the build breaks.
For any build, Piazza displays:
- The project and build name
- The current build number
- Whether the build is "red" or "green"
- Textual success/failure indication for the colour-blind
- Whether the Team City server is currently building
- The changes that caused the current build to be kicked off
- Pictures of the team members that made those changes
- The progress of the build
- The build step that the Team City agent is currently running
- The number of passed, failed and ignored tests
Piazza can also display an overview of all the builds in a project.
The plugin supports the Feature Branch feature of TeamCity.
- Download the Piazza plugin zip file
- Open TeamCity Server website and go to 'Administration > Plugins List'
- Click 'Upload plugin zip'
- Choose the Piazza plugin zip file and save it to '<TeamCity Data Directory>/plugins', which is preselected
- Restart TeamCity Server
- For every build configuration you want to see in Piazza go to 'Build Configuration Settings > General Settings', click 'Show advanced options' and 'enable status widget'
More information available from the TeamCity documentation: Installing Additional Plugins
Use Piazza Build Monitor
Team Piazza in Action
If you have a picture of a running Team Piazza installation we would love to present a photo of it.
Screencast by Mike Hogan of Software Confidence.
Team Piazza is licensed under the GPL3. If that license causes difficulties, create an issue to discuss alternative license options.