OmniMarkupPreviewer is a plugin for both Sublime Text 2 and Sublime Text 3 that preview markups in web browsers. OmniMarkupPreviewer renders markups into htmls and send it to web browser in the backgound, which enables a live preview. Besides, OmniMarkupPreviewer provide support for exporting result to html file as well.
OmniMarkupPreviewer has builtin support following markups:
Pod (Requires Perl >=
5.10and can be found in
PATH, if the perl version <
Pod::Simpleshould be installed from
Org Mode (Requires
ruby, and gem
org-rubyshould be installed)
ruby, as well as gem
ruby, as well as gem
- Literate Haskell
If you find my work useful, please consider buying me a cup of coffee, all donations are much appreciated :)
With the Package Control plugin
The easiest way to install OmniMarkupPreviewer is through Package Control.
Once you have Package Control installed, restart Sublime Text.
- Bring up the Command Palette (Ctrl+Shift+P on Windows and Linux. ⌘+⇧+P on OS X).
- Type "Install" and select "Package Control: Install Package".
- Select "OmniMarkupPreviewer" from list.
The advantage of using Package Control is that it will keep OmniMarkupPreviewer up to date automatically.
Without Git: Download the latest source code, and extract to the Packages directory.
With Git: Type the following command in your Sublime Text Packages directory:
git clone git://github.com/timonwong/OmniMarkupPreviewer.git
The "Packages" directory for Sublime Text 2 is located at:
%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2\Packages\
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/
And for the Sublime Text 3:
%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Packages\
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/
The default key bindings:
- Ctrl+Alt+O: Preview Markup in Browser.
- Ctrl+Alt+X: Export Markup as HTML.
- Ctrl+Alt+C: Copy Markup as HTML.
- ⌘+⌥+O: Preview Markup in Browser.
- ⌘+⌥+X: Export Markup as HTML.
- Ctrl+Alt+C: Copy Markup as HTML.
Available OmniMarkupPreviewer commands in the command palette:
OmniMarkupPreviewer: Preview Current Markup in Browser
OmniMarkupPreviewer: Export Current Markup as HTML
OmniMarkupPreviewer: Empty Cache
NOTE Command will not be available (greyed out) if current file syntax (or filename) doesn't match any of OmniMarkupPreviewer renderers.
For a complete list of changes, see CHANGELOG.md
- Use new flat github style (old style renamed to github-v1).
- Upgrade pygments library to v2.0.2, with more lexers.
Python-Markdownpackage to v2.4.1 final.
.mmdfile extension support (MultiMarkdown).
- Upgrade jQuery to 2.1.3 (Say good bye to IE8).
server_hostsetting is now taken into account when launching preview in browser.
- Add syntax highlighting support for reStructureText.
- Prefer to use
xdg-openunder linux environments.
- Fix Sublime Text 2 compatibility (crash).
- Fix unreliable default setting overriding, which confuses a lot of users when customizing their settings.
- Prevent preview from the console, which will simply lead to crash.
- Fix Sublime Text 2 compatibility (markdown).
- MathJax library is now bundled directly instead of on demand downloading.
- Python-Markdown module now upgraded to v2.4.
- Fix incompatibility when using Sublime Text 3 under XFCE.
- Fix ruby gems loading in OSX (Required by RDoc, AsciiDoc, Org Mode and MediaWiki).
- Add AsciiDoc syntax support.
- Ensure default setting for
export_optionswhen not available.
- Fix html exporting when file contains images in Sublime Text 3.
meta_dataextention name for markdown.
- Update cherrypy server, add detail information if socket could not be created.
- Add support for file URIs in images path.
- Strip YAML frontmatter for Markdown files automatically.
- Check syntax name as well as filename extension for MediaWiki files.
- Added support for Org Mode (Requires ruby, and gem
org-rubyshould be installed).
- Added support for MediaWiki (Requires ruby, as
well as gem
- Added support for AsciiDoc (Requires ruby,
as well as gem
- Reviving view (redirecting to the new location) automatically after reconnected.
- Prevent Package Control for Sublime Text 3 installing this package as
- Fixed broken
- Improved Sublime Text 3 compatibility.
- Add support Sublime Text 3 (Experimental).
- Add new context command
Copy Markup as HTML.
- Remove unused command
Sweep Cache (Remove Unused).
- Auto scroll now works correctly for documents contain images and MathJax equations.
- Renderes are now loaded asynchronously on startup (faster Sublime Text 2 startup).
- Add litcoffee support.
This plugin released under MIT License:
Copyright © 2012 - 2015 Timon Wong Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.