pyApp - A python application framework
Let us handle the boring stuff!
Many features inspired by Django, but modified to be more general for use outside of web applications.
With PyApp 4.0, support for versions of Python < 3.6 are no longer supported.
So what do we handle?
- Configuration - Loading, merging your settings from different sources + Python modules + File and HTTP(S) endpoints for JSON and YAML files.
- Instance Factories - Configuration of plugins, database connections, or just
implementations of an
ABC. Leveraging settings to make setup of your application easy and reduce coupling.
- Checks - A framework for checking settings are correct and checking that your application connect to that API end point (your ops team will love you)?
- Extensions - Extend the basic framework with extensions, the framework provides deterministic startup and the ability to register checks and default settings.
- Application - Provides a extensible and simple CLI interface for starting running commands, comes with built-in commands to support Checks, report settings/extensions.
Support for common services eg email, as well as companion libraries to add plugin factories for, Paramiko, LDAP etc.