Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The Benefits of Blueprints
Clone this wiki locally
Attention: this Wiki hosts an outdated version of the TinkerPop framework and Gremlin language documentation.
- Blueprints makes it relatively easy to swap in and out different graph backends. In this way, its possible to avoid vendor lock-in.
- Blueprints has connectors to popular graph databases including Neo4j, OrientDB, Titan, DEX, and InfiniteGraph.
- Blueprints has connectors to popular graph frameworks including RDF Sail and JUNG.
- Blueprints graph backends work with any software written to the Blueprints API (e.g. all the tools in the TinkerPop stack).
- Blueprints comes with a large library of utilities to make it easy to manipulate a graph.
- Blueprints has support for reading various file formats including GraphML, GML, and GraphSON.
- Blueprints, and the rest of the TinkerPop stack, is open source and free to use under a liberal BSD license.