The Benefits of Rexster
Clone this wiki locally
Before diving into Rexster, its good to know what Rexster was designed for and what potential use it can serve. The following itemization provides a collection of reasons for using Rexster.
- Rexster allows developers to communicate with Blueprints-enabled graphs in a language agnostic fashion. Blueprints is a Java API for graph databases. By using Rexster, the Blueprints API is exposed over HTTP/REST.
- Rexster allows any Blueprints-enabled graph to exist as a standalone server. Thus, multiple clients communicate with the same graph database through Rexster.
- Rexster provides ad-hoc queries through the graph traversal language Gremlin.
- Rexster is extensible given the power of Extensions providing developer friendly classes that support common graph use cases such as searching, ranking, and recommendation.
- The Rexster community provides a set of BSD-licensed extensions through the Rexster Kibbles.