Tinodios: Tinode Messaging Client for iOS
iOS client for Tinode in Swift.
Status: work in progress.
The immediate goal is to have a basic end-to-end working application prototype that one will be able to install and use.
- Register new accounts.
- Start new chats.
- Edit personal details.
- View the list of active chats
- Send and receive plain text messages one-on-one or in group chats.
- In-app presence notifications.
- Unread message counters.
- Local data persistence.
- Transport Level Security - https/wss.
- Drafty: Markdown-style formatting of text, e.g. *style* → style.
- Viewing attachments and inline images.
- Typing indicators.
Does not work yet
- Edit chat parameters.
- Delivery and received/read indicators for messages (little check marks in messages).
- Muting/un-muting conversations and other permission management.
- Invite contacts to the app by SMS or email.
- Push notifications.
- Attachments and inline images cannot be created yet.
- https://github.com/tidwall/SwiftWebSocket for websocket support
- https://github.com/stephencelis/SQLite.swift for local persistence
- GoogleService-Info.plist for push notifications. In order to compile the app, app you need to download your own GoogleService-Info.plist and place it in ./Tinodios folder.
- Demo avatars and some other graphics are from https://www.pexels.com/ under CC0 license.
- Some iOS icons are from https://icons8.com/ under CC BY-ND 3.0 license.