Glitch Web Client
All files are provided by Tiny Speck under the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal License. This is a broadly permissive "No Rights Reserved" license — you may do what you please with what we've provided. Our intention is to dedicate these works to the public domain and make them freely available to all, without restriction.
All files are provided AS-IS. Tiny Speck cannot provide any support to help you bring these assets into your own projects. Many of these files are not structured in a standard, straightforward way, and they may take a bit of your time and work to understand.
Note: the Glitch logo and trademark are not among the things we are making available under this license. Only items in the files explicitly included herein are covered.
There is no obligation to link or credit the works, but if you do, please link to glitchthegame.com, our permanent "retirement" site for the game and these assets. Of course, links/shoutouts to Tiny Speck (tinyspeck.com) and/or Slack (slack.com) are appreciated.
What you'll find in here:
All of the source code for Glitch's Flash-based browser client.
What is not included
A working version of the game. :(
The Glitch client requires a Glitch server to work, and there are no longer any Glitch servers for it to use. This code is provided mainly for instructional and reference purposes; if you are attempting to develop something with any of the asset repositories, the client implementation may be a valuable resource.
Documentation Contributions Are Welcome!
If you figure something out that you think others could learn from, write up a quick how-to document and submit it to us as a pull request. Share your knowledge!
Exceptions to the CC0 1.0 Universal License
This repository includes several third-party projects that come with their own licensing terms. Our license does not cover their work. Please respect the licensing terms of those projects — their licenses are included in the headers of their source files. Those projects, and their locations in this repository, are:
- Draw by Martin Heidegger (
- Tweener by Zeh Fernando, Nate Chatellier, Arthur Debert and Francis Turmel
- Image Encoding, JSON Serialization, and Base64 Encoding by Adobe (
- Bit101 by Keith Peters (
- A variety of libraries from GreenSock (
- EdgeFinder and ColorMatrix by Sakri Rosenstrom and Mario Klingemann (
- Upload BitmapData Snapshot by Stephen Braitsch (
- Object Pool by Michael Baczynski (
- Stats by Mr.doob (
- GIF Encoding and Decoding by Thibault Imbert (
- SWF deconstruction by Paul Sivtsov (
- Ronda Seven font by Yusuke Kamiyamane (
- Prisencolinensinainciusol by Adriano Celentano (
- GrahamScan by Schell Scivally (
- Convex Hull by Christopher Salvarani (
- Apache's Flex (
Some files from the original repo have been removed due to their restrictive licensing:
- Helvetica (
- VAG Rounded (