Coeus is not in active development; look at Hexane for future projects.
Coeus is a 3D game engine in pure LuaJIT with a focus on fast development and high quality games. Currently confirmed to run on both Windows and Linux. Check out some of the demos in our Coeus Demos Repository
Official IRC is at #titan-interactive on irc.freenode.net.
Binaries will be released in the releases section.
Coeus is currently undergoing a large rewrite to reorganize most of the engine. Check the
legacy branch for the old codebase for the unreleased 0.2.0 version.
Coeus aims to be a full featured suite for developing games and virtual reality simulations. As such, there will soon be many layers of tools for every step of the process of creating a game catering to every position in a typical game studio.
Stay tuned for the rewrite of Coeus to see new installation instructions.
At the present, all of the following should be compiled to dynamic libraries:
- LuaJIT 2.1 alpha (will be bundled)
- OpenGL 3.3
- OpenAL-soft 1.1 (named openal.dll on Windows)
- GLFW 3.1 (needs to be updated)
- libvorbis 1.3.4
- libogg 1.3.2
- zlib 1.2.8 (named zlib1 on Windows)
- LibCoeus, which includes:
- lodepng 20141130 (needs to be updated)
- stb_freetype v1.02 (needs to be updated)
- TinyCThread 1.1