Minimal IoTivity examples, to get inspiration from.
This repo is a collection of standalone projects that are designed to be used out of iotivity main project. That said IoTivity project is shipping many sample apps, once you get familiar with basic projects provided in this repo, you're welcome to check them to understand more advanced services.
Technically each "subproject" is stored in a git branch but for developer convenience this can be flattened into same directory (using git submodules), see index for walk-through.
Preliminary you need to install IoTivity for your system.
For the record, some subprojects were tested with:
- IoTivity 1.3.1+ on Ubuntu:14.04
- Iotivity 1.3.0+ on Fedora:24
- Iotivity 1.2.1+ on Tizen:Common
- Iotivity 1.2.0+ on Yocto's poky
- IoTivity 1.2.0+ on GNU/Linux system (Debian).
Then, you need to "unpack" all branches into current work directory:
# First Install git make etc git clone https://github.com/tizenteam/iotivity-example cd iotivity-example # Flatten all subprojects to "src" folders make # Explore all subprojects find src -iname "README*"
- DISCOVERY mechanism, can be used as skeleton base for C++ projects
- branch=example/packaging/master: (on example/master)
- Integration files for various OS: Tizen, Yocto, Debian
- branch=geolocation/master: (on example/packaging/master)
- Shows NOTIFY mechanism
- branch=switch/master: (on example/master)
- Shows PUT mechanism
- branch=clock/1.2-rel: (on example/packaging/master)
- Shows OBSERVE mechanism on previous release
- branch=clock/master: (on clock/1.2-rel)
- Shows ACL mechanism for observing unsecured resource
- branch=brightness/1.2-rel: (on example/packaging/master)
- Implements OneIot resource
- branch=brightness/master: (on brightness/1.2-rel)
- Shows ACL mechanism for observing secured resource