This website is my personal sandbox and digital junk drawer. It was compiled using the Jekyll static-site generator.
See it live at: www.tannerheffner.com.
. ├── _includes ├── _layouts ├── _plugins ├── _posts ├── _projects ├── _sass ├── assets │ └── js └── css
- _includes and _layouts are templates that Jekyll uses to generate layout classes and page styles based on YAML Front Matter.
- _plugins is for any extra plugins used by jekyll. I've added a Gist plugin, so gists can easily be embedded.
- Each project and post get its own .md file in the appropriate folder.
- _sass files are compiled to the main css file in the css folder.
- Standalone pages (about, blog list, connect, etc) have their own individual .md files in the project root.
- I'm using a modified version of BEM syntax and atomic design to separate my stylesheets. It helps keep selector scope sane, and avoids ugly !importants, @extends, and the like.
Clone the repository. From the main directory:
$ jekyll build -w $ jekyll serve
Visit localhost:4000 in your browser.
- write walkthrough for the file cabinet
- add audio-reactive stills & video for mike's sounds
- is it possible to embed processing without using processing.js or p5?
- add short walkthrough about drupal helper classes
- do a project with d3
- atom plugin for css colors in editor gutter