PH Elections 2016 Analysis
email@example.com June 11 2016
A study of the Philippines 2016 elections.
Part 1 - Election Fingerprints
Taking from the methodology rolled out by Klimek, Yegorov, Hanel, Thurner (2012), we examine city/municipality level data to determine whether we can detect electoral fraud through vote padding by examining voter turnouts against share of the winning candidate. If fake votes are added to the count, some areas would exhibit an unusually high voter turnout, with a large number of votes going to the candidate favored by the fraud.
We can examine many candidates and races at once by taking a look at the distribution of the logarithmically scaled vote count (defined the detailed post) and flagging candidates that stray too far away from normality.
We also constructed a shiny widget to explore the results for all national elective positions.
The complete analysis is laid out in this blog post.
The results of this analysis will be published in tjpalanca.com, a data blog:
- Part 1 - Election Fingerprints - statistical electoral fraud detection via voter turnout and votes for winning candidate. (GMA News Cross Post)
For permission requests, write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Permission Request".
If you would like to use any content for your own work, I will give permission under the following conditions:
- Please contact me first through the email@example.com.
- Unless explicit written or e-mail permission has been provided, you may not use any content.
- This content may not be used for commercial purposes, or for submission in academic work without citation.
- This content may not be redistributed to others.
- I retain the rights to use this content for any purpose.
- I would appreciate a copy of the paper or a link to your work.
- No warranties are provided.
Troy James R Palanca
 Klimek, Yegorov, Hanel, Thurner (2012). Statistical detection of systematic election irregularities. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 109(41).