jQuery UI in Action
Covers jQuery UI 1.11!
What's in the book?
jQuery UI in Action tells the complete story of jQuery UI from an inside perspective. (I'm a member of the jQuery UI team.) The book focuses on how to use the components of jQuery UI to build real-world applicable interactions and UI components — for example you build this responsive flight-search application in chapter 11. The book tackles tough questions such as:
- When should you use jQuery UI's form widgets and when should you use the new HTML5 form input types? Can you use both?
- When should you use jQuery-based animations and when should you use CSS3-based animations?
- How do you use jQuery UI on mobile devices, especially in low bandwidth situations?
The Table of Contents
To give you a sense of the full contents of the book, here's its table of contents:
- PART 1: MEET JQUERY UI
- 1. Introducing jQuery UI
- 2. Enhancing User Interfaces with Widgets
- PART 2: JQUERY UI CORE
- 3. Building Complex Web Forms with jQuery UI
- 4. Enhancing Interfaces with Layout & Utility Widgets
- 5. Adding Interaction to Your Interfaces
- 6. Creating Rich Animations with Effects
- 7. Theming and Styling Applications with jQuery UI
- Part 3: CUSTOMIZATION AND ADVANCED USAGE
- 8. Using the Widget Factory to Build Stateful Plugins
- 9. Extending Widgets with the Widget Factory
- 10. Preparing Your Application for Production
- 11. Building a Flight-Search Application
- 12. Under the Hood of jQuery UI
- A. Learning jQuery
- B. How jQuery UI Tests jQuery UI
- C. Using jQuery UI With Backbone
- D. Creating Decimal, Currency, and Time Pickers With Globalize
- E. Contributing to jQuery UI
- F. Polyfilling HTML5 with jQuery UI