Helm/anything interface for build commands
helm-build-command.el helps you to run "build commands" such as
make from everywhere in the project directory tree. Despite the
prefix helm- in it, anything.el user can also use
It supports only
To extend it, see the instruction below.
- Put helm-build-command.el under some directory in your load-path.
(require helm-build-command.el)in your Emacs setup.
- anything.el user:
- M-x anything-build-command
- helm.el user:
- M-x helm-build-command
How to extend
helm-build-command.el uses EIEIO to define command task.
Here is a simplified version of setup.py command definition:
(defclass hbc-command-setup-py (hbc-command-make) ((name :initarg :name :initform "setup.py") (makefile :initarg :makefile :initform "setup.py") (command-format :initarg :command-format :initform "python setup.py %s"))) (defmethod hbc-list-targets ((task hbc-command-setup-py)) (list "build" "build_ext" "build_ext --inplace" "clean"))
- name : string
- A short name for this task.
- makefile : string
- Here, makefile slot specifies a file which determines a directory to run the build command. When helm-build-command is run, makefile is searched in current directory and parent directories.
- command-format : string
- A format string with one argument.
- This function must return a list of string. Each string will be passed to the format string command-format.
To use this command class, you need to add it to hbc-task-classes:
(setq hbc-task-classes '(hbc-command-make hbc-command-setup-py))