6/25/2014 Documentation at: http://reactivemusic.net/?p=16708
Example of using OBD-II diagnostic port to read RPM data and control Max/MSP engine simulation
- download or clone the archive
- in Max add the automax folder to your file preferences.
- load the patch: automax.maxpat
At this point you can play the engine sounds - if you have an ELM-327 bluetooth OBD-II device, you should be able to get it to read RPM from your car. If you have a Korg nanocontroller you can use it to control the patch.
- Uses Max versions of patches by Andy Farnell from "Designing Sound"
- Uses Fourier Filter patch from Katja Vetter
- Uses Max abstractions to replicate various Pd objects
Disclaimer: drive carefully!