Supercharge your electronic lab notebook!
This is a full-featured jekyll theme that lets you quickly write markdown notebook entries and will create a great HTML website that you can run locally to view all your hard work. It's hackable to its core so you can tweak it to your heart's desire. Add pages, change layouts, add cool jekyll plugins, whatever; think of this as your springboard.
- Take simple markdown notes in your favorite text editor (I recommend Atom)
- Easily embed images, CSVs, or PDFs in your protocols/logs/wherever
- Interactive calendar to show you when you had log entries
- Enter your log entries chronologically, but then tag them so they show up with other entries on the same project (Multi-project tags supported too!)
- Add highlighted sections (note or thought bubbles) to draw attention to important things
Installation and Usage
demo/ folder contains a fully functioning example ELN. Clone this repo and navigate into the
demo/ folder. Make sure you have a recent version of ruby installed and then run
gem install bundler
which will install the
bundle package manager. Next, run
demo/ folder, which will install all the necessary packages. Then run
bundle exec jekyll serve -wi
to actually serve the ELN and navigate to the address listed using your browser to see your ELN. Edit the posts inside the
_posts/ subdirectory to add entries.
This project is split into two main reports
- The one you're on, which is where all the layout and design stuff happens
- The plugins repo, this where the heavy lifting happens.
Bug reports and pull requests are welcome on GitHub at https://github.com/tlnagy/jekyll-lab-notebook and at https://github.com/tlnagy/jekyll-lab-notebook-plugins. This project is intended to be a safe, welcoming space for collaboration, and contributors are expected to adhere to the Contributor Covenant code of conduct.
The theme is available as open source under the terms of the MIT License.