What It Does
Provides a simple JSON API for your personal site. Easily hosted on Heroku. Can provide any info you want, like age, employer, name, children, spoken languages, programming languages, skills, hobbies, or pretty much anything.
This runs really nicely on heroku, so I suggest running it there. To run anywhere else, just upload index.php and that's it. To setup Heroku, see this list.
- Fork tlongren/personal-api on GitHub and make a local clone.
- Install the Heroku Toolbelt and login to Heroku with the command
heroku login. Enter your username and password to login with the Heroku Toolbelt.
- Create a new app on Heroku either through the web interface, or with the command
heroku create. If you do it with the command line the app name will be shown to you,
- Open a terminal and go into the folder that you cloned your fork into and run the command
heroku git:remote -a heroku-app-name. That will add a remote named "heroku" to your local clone.
- Now, while still in your local clone folder, run
git push heroku masterto push your app to Heroku. If your app is named "heroku-app-name", you can access your app at http://heroku-app-name.herokuapp.com.
For PHP devs, there's some basic querying examples in php-examples.php. Below is the output of
Other Language Example
ruby-example.rb for Ruby or
python-example.py for Python.