Pretty, minimal and fast ZSH prompt
Most prompts are cluttered, ugly and slow. I wanted something visually pleasing that stayed out of my way.
- Comes with the perfect prompt character. Author went through the whole Unicode range to find it.
- Shows git branch and whether it's dirty using the fastest method available.
- Prompt character turns red if the last command didn't exit with 0.
- Command execution time will be displayed if it exceeds the set threshold.
- Username and host is only displayed when in an SSH session.
- Shows the current path in the title and the current directory and command when a process is running.
- Can easily be used as a starting point for your own custom prompt.
Clone this repo, add it as a submodule, or just download
pure.zshto somewhere in
$fpathwith the name
$ ln -s "$PWD/pure.zsh" /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/prompt_pure_setup
echo $fpath to see possible locations.
- Initialize the prompt system (if not so already):
# .zshrc autoload -U promptinit && promptinit
- Choose this prompt:
# .zshrc prompt pure
The max execution time of a process before its run time is shown when it exits. Defaults to
# .zshrc autoload -U promptinit && promptinit # optionally define some options PURE_CMD_MAX_EXEC_TIME=10 prompt pure
MIT © Sindre Sorhus