This treebank development formed a significant part of a PhD thesis. The treebank contains 1020 trees, and is annotated according to a dependency annotation scheme designed specifically for the Irish language.
The annotation guide is available in Appendix A of the thesis [Lynn, 2016] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/Teresa_PhDThesis_final.pdf)
The following publications also contain relevant work, although most of their content is also in the thesis:
- Lynn, Teresa , Ozlem Cetinoglu, Jennifer Foster, Elaine Uí Dhonnchadha, Mark Dras and Josef van Genabith, [Irish Treebanking and Parsing: A Preliminary Evaluation] (http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2012/pdf/378_Paper.pdf), LREC 2012, Istanbul, May 2012
- Lynn, Teresa, Jennifer Foster, Mark Dras and Elaine Uí Dhonnchadha, [Active Learning and the Irish Treebank] (http://www.alta.asn.au/events/alta2012/proceedings/pdf/U12-1005.pdf), ALTA 2012, Dunedin, NZ, December 2012
- Lynn, Teresa, Jennifer Foster, Mark Dras and Josef van Genabith, [Working with a small dataset — semi-supervised dependency parsing for Irish] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/spmrl.pdf), SPMRL 2013, Seattle, USA, October 2013
- Lynn, Teresa, Jennifer Foster, Mark Dras and Lamia Tounsi, [Cross-lingual Transfer Parsing for Low-Resourced Languages: An Irish Case Study] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/CLTW.pdf) CLTW 2014, Dublin, Ireland, August 2014
- Teresa Lynn, [Irish Dependency Treebanking and Parsing] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/Teresa_PhDThesis_final.pdf), PhD Thesis, Dublin City University, Ireland and Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, 2016
- Lynn, Teresa and Jennifer Foster, [Universal Dependencies for Irish] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/Lynn_CLTW2016.pdf), CLTW 2016, Paris, France, July 2016
This treebank has also been mapped to the [Universal Dependencies Project] (http://universaldependencies.org/) annotation scheme. This UD version is also available to download on [GitHub] (https://github.com/UniversalDependencies).