Health Vector Services
@tedder42 and @tmarthal
An analysis application to apply simple vector field propagation to point pollution sources to determine near-real time accessible health information.
The NOAA Weather shows Ozone information to represent Air Quality.
"The ozone maps available as air quality forecasting guidance products represent concentrations of forecasted ground-level ozone. The guidance is used by state and local air quality forecasters to assist them in issuing Air Quality Index (AQI) forecasts."
- Pollution Sources
- Fires (temporal)
- Traffic (temporal, e.g. Waze API)
- Pollen emitters
- Rancid Smells (e.g. fortune cookie factories, Hyperion Sewage Treatment Plant)
- Mexican factory locations
- Pollution Propagation -- Wind --** Future, use ocean vector propagation/rivers/etc (water, ocean), sewer overflow
- Pollution Targets -- Schools -- High Children Density (e.g. Daycare, neighborhoods, etc). -- Population Prone to Respitory Problems (Elderly, hospitals, etc.) -- Parks -- Beaches --** Mobile Apps (temporal point)
Questions? Health inequality between neighborhoods (do higher income families get to live in healthier air conditions?)
City Planning Purposes? Could a planner use a drag+drop interface to place a factory somewhere to see how historic wind propagation affects location of commercial developments. Same with residential zoning regulations -
Where should we go to avoid the Pollution?